Geotechnical Ground Investigation
Myint Win Bo
Geotechnical investigation, which is usually implemented to obtain baseline information of ground and groundwater, is the focus of this book. Authored by practitioner and academic who is extensively involved in geotechnical ground investigations over four continents, this book covers both large scale preliminary ground investigation and intrusive detailed investigation, as well as specialized in-situ testing to obtain advanced geotechnical parameters of soils. Both surface and borehole geophysical methods used in geotechnical investigation, including methods of sampling and tools to obtain good quality soil samples are also discussed and presented in the book.
Written for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, researchers and practitioners in the fields of geotechnical engineering, geoenvironmental engineering, and ground investigation, the book also provides guidelines on presenting factual geotechnical data and preparing factual reports.
- Preliminary Study
- Planning for Intrusive Ground Investigation
- Method of Intrusive Ground Investigation and Procedures
- Specialized In-situ Tests and Performance Verification Tests
- Application of Geophysical Techniques in Geotechnical Ground Investigation
- Geotechnical Instrumentation
- Data Management and Reporting
Readership: Advanced undergraduate and graduate students, researchers and practitioners in the fields of geotechnical engineering and ground investigation.
- This book is a rare handbook written by practitioners and academics who are extensively involved in ground investigations over four continents
- There are currently only two textbooks available in the market, most of which are 30 years old
- This book presents more than just specialized in-situ testing using advanced equipment based on the authors' hands-on experiences in industry and research
- This book also describes geotechnical instrumentation usually employed in intrusive ground investigations
- Descriptions of soils encountered and presentation methods for factual report writing are also provided in the book