One Green Thing
Discover Your Hidden Power to Help Save the Planet
The climate crisis is the biggest challenge of our time, and we all have a unique role to play. Start here and now with this book. In this revolutionary call to action, unlock your superpower through a daily practice of sustainability.
Noted environmentalist Heather White offers an easy-to-follow guide for climate action while brilliantly weaving together warm and funny stories from her childhood in East Tennessee, anecdotes from 20+ years of environmental advocacy, and scenes from parenting two GenZ daughters in Bozeman, Montana.
In One Green Thing, White shows you how to contribute to the climate movement through self-discovery – your personality, interests, and strengths.
First, you’ll take the Service Superpower Profile Assessment, which will reveal your special gifts in service to others and the planet. Based on your profile, you’ll then be equipped to:
- Begin your adventure with a 21-Day Kickstarter Plan that shares specific actions you can take
- Use the Eco-Impact Top Ten—the primary areas that can affect positive, lasting change—to develop an individualized Eco-Action Plan
- Log the mental health benefits and measure your progress with the Joy Tracker
- Write about your journey and your “why” for taking action with exercises and journal prompts that encourage you to reflect
- Listen and talk with members of Gen Z about their climate anxiety
- Commit to being an awesome ancestor for future loved ones as you inspire your family, friends, and community to work toward a regenerative, sustainable world
Setting the intention each day to take a small step— a “one green thing” to care for the planet--can help ease your eco-anxiety, push the culture toward climate solutions, and create a sense of joy.