The Ultimate Guide to Horse Feed, Supplements, and Nutrition
The author of the Horseshoer Mysteries taps into her equine nutritionist experience to help owners develop the perfectly balanced menu for their horses.
A primary concern of all horse owners and caregivers is that their animals receive the proper feed and in the correct amounts. In seeking information about these matters, it’s easy for owners and caregivers to be lured in—and often misled—by advertisements and endorsements for vitamins, alternative medicines, and other supplementary products.
Noted equine nutritionist Lisa Preston offers solid and sensible guidance in these and other areas in her wide-reaching The Ultimate Guide to Horse Feed, Supplements, and Nutrition. Among the topics she covers are:
- Formulating a correct dietary routine for your horse, pony, or mule based on such considerations as breed, age, and size, as well as locale, climate, and the activities in which they take part
- Understanding the horse’s digestive system and related organs and the effects of various feeds on them
- Feed-related diseases and other ailments: their causes, prevention, and treatment
- The use and misuse of vitamins and other supplements
- Understanding your veterinarian’s diagnoses, tests, and treatments
- And much more
Thoroughly researched using the latest scientific data and featuring dozens of tables, charts, and illustrations, The Ultimate Guide to Horse Feed, Supplements, and Nutrition belongs on the shelf of every horse owner.