The Importance of Not Being Ernest
My Life with the Uninvited Hemingway (A unique Ernest Hemingway biography, Gift for writers)
Mark has recieved numerous awards, including:
- 2017 Havana named one of top seven travel books of the year by Smithsonian magazine
- 2015 Junior Library Guild Selection for Frozen in Time
- 2012 Robert Laxalt Distinguished Writer award from Reynolds School of Journalism, University of Nevada, Reno
- 2011 National Parenting Publications Awards - gold award for World Without Fish
- 2007 Dayton Literary Peace Prize for Nonviolence
- 2007 Doctor of Letters, Butler University
- 2006 Bon Appetit magazine’s Food Writer of the Year.
- 2005 ALA Notable Book Council Award for 1968: The Year That Rocked The World
- 2001 Basque Hall of Fame
- 2001 Honorary ambassadorship from the Basque government
- Cod received the 1999 James Beard Award for Food Writing and the 1999 Glenfiddich Award
- The children’s book, The Cod’s Tale, received the Orbis Pictus award from the National Council of Teachers of English.
- The children’s book, The Story of Salt, received the ALA Notable Book Award
- A Continent of Islands and Cod both received The New York Public Library Best Books of the Year Award
- Salt received the Pluma Plata award from the Bilbao Book Fair and was a finalist for the LA Times Science Writing Award and the James Beard food writing award.
- 1968 received the ALA Notable Book Award