Optics and Artificial Vision
Rafael G González-Acuña, Hector A Chaparro-Romo, Israel Melendez-Montoya
This book provides a concise introduction to computer vision for optical researchers and scientists. Building from the optical foundations of image processing and the science behind camera sensors, Optics and Artificial Vision equips the reader with the tools needed to understand and engage with digital image processing, the algorithms of optical flow and the algorithms of object detection, using Python® software to show real, implemented applications in industry. Ideal for industry engineers with projects related to computer vision, as well as a good reference text for academics, students and other researchers working at the intersection of artificial intelligence and optics.
- Provides a concise introduction to artificial vision
- Main algorithms in computer vision are presented, step-by-step in a pedagogical way
- Presents all algorithms in Python
- Shows real implemented applications in industry
- Optical foundations of image processing are presented