Science Art and Drawing Games for Kids
35+ Fun Art Projects to Build Amazing Science Skills
In Science Art and Drawing Games for Kids, you’ll find an amazing collection of more than 35 hands-on art activities that make learning about science fun.
Written by Karyn Tripp, author of Math Art and Drawing Games for Kids and creator of the popular educational blog TeachBesideMe.com, the book guides children ages 8 and up through hands-on activities that explore an engaging variety of art and craft techniques and science concepts, including:
- Energy & Motion. Create art, toys, and sculptures that spin, flap, and climb.
- Electricity & Magnetism. Make special light-up greeting cards, and use magnets to create abstract paintings and solve mazes.
- Living Science. Craft tiny terrariums, create plantable seed paper, and make your own paints using natural materials.
- Chemical Reactions. Create exploding paintballs, grow a garden of crystal flowers, and learn to make plastic out of milk.
- Color & Light. Combine shaving cream and food coloring to make marbled paper, use the sun to print on paper and fabric, and make an awesome kaleidoscope from scratch.