Foundation in Construction and Building Services Engineering: Core (Wales)
For City & Guilds / EAL
Lay the foundation for a career in the Construction and Building Services Engineering industries with this comprehensive textbook published in association with City & Guilds.
With complete coverage of the Foundation qualification's six core units, this book will equip you with the skills you need to approach the next step in your career, as you prepare for assessment and choose your trade pathway. Topic coverage includes: an introduction to the built environment, health and safety, employability, emerging technologies and the built environment lifecycle.
- Break down complex topics with summary tables and more than 250 images and artworks.
- Re-cap knowledge and understanding with 'Key terms' features and a detailed glossary.
- Get ready for the workplace with 'Industry tips', 'Health and safety' reminders and 'Improve your maths/English' tasks.
- Get to know your local built environment with engaging activities and historical examples.
- Prepare for assessment with end-of-chapter multiple-choice questions and example guided discussion questions.
- Hone core skills with expert author Mike Jones, who draws on his extensive teaching and industry experience.