Inclusive Learning 365
Edtech Strategies for Every Day of the Year
Christopher Bugaj, Karen Janowski, Mike Marotta, Beth Poss
Designed to be read one day – and page – at a time, this book from four inclusive learning experts offers 365 strategies for implementing technology to design inclusive experiences.
Educators across the world are working to design individualized instruction that empowers every student to become experts at learning. Technology and instructional interventions designed to support students with disabilities often eventually become mainstream and used by the masses. These practices provide a pathway for designing inclusive, equitable and accessible educational experiences that meet the needs of every individual learner.
This engaging book includes daily strategies accompanied by examples of tools that can be implemented immediately to design meaningful instruction. Topics covered include role-playing games for social-emotional learning, building literacy through captioned video, coding to teach early literacy, text-to-speech for math and reading, and much more!
Each daily strategy includes:
- Explanation of how to use the strategy to design inclusive educational experiences.
- Examples of tools that can be used to implement the strategy.
- Alternative ways to use the strategy to extend student learning.
- Images illustrating the strategy or tool.
- Identification of relevant ISTE Standards for Educators and ISTE Standards for Students.
- Related resources.
The heart of the book is the shift in mindset that occurs by exploring a different practical, inclusive strategy each day and infusing these strategies into everyday practice.
Audience: K-12 educators, special educators, administrators