Building Ethereum Dapps
Decentralized applications on the Ethereum blockchain
Building Ethereum Dapps introduces you to decentralized applications based on the Ethereum blockchain platform. In this book, you'll learn the principles of Dapps development by rolling up your sleeves and actually building a few!
Foreword by Thomas Bertani.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
Building Ethereum Dapps teaches Dapps development on the Ethereum blockchain platform. You'll begin with a mental model of how Dapps operate, and then dive into designing and implementing smart contracts in Ethereum's Solidity language. You'll explore Ethereum smart contract development tools, like Truffle and Web3, and pick up best practices for design and security. Practical exercises throughout give you valuable hands-on experience.
- Ethereum's key components
- Implementing smart contracts in Solidity
- Communicating with a smart contract in Web3
- Developing Dapps with Truffle
- Best practices for design and security improvement
About the Reader
About the Author
Roberto Infante is a software development consultant who specializes in finance. He currently works on financial risk management systems and on blockchain technology.
Table of Contents
- A first look at decentralized applications
- Understanding the blockchain
- The Ethereum platform
- Deploying your first smart contract
- Programming smart contracts in Solidity
- Writing more complex smart contracts
- Generalizing functionality with abstract contracts and interfaces
- Managing smart contracts with Web3.js
- The Ethereum ecosystem
- Unit testing contracts with Mocha
- Improving the development cycle with Truffle
- Putting it all together: Building a complete voting Dapp
- Making a Dapp production ready
- Security considerations