How to Thrive at Work . . . Wherever You Are
Robert C. Pozen, Alexandra Samuel
You can thrive and excel when you’re working remotely, if you adopt the mindset, habits and tech tools of professionals who are even more productive outside the office: Learn to think like a “business of one,” and that entrepreneurial mindset will transform your experience of remote work.
Remote work can be satisfying and productive—once you craft a strategy that taps into the unique advantages of working from home. After a year in which many of us plunged into remote work overnight, we finally have a chance to make thoughtful choices about how to combine remote and office work, and how to make the most of our days at home.
Remote, Inc. gives you the strategies and tools you need to make remote work a valuable part of your renewed working life. Learn how to...
- Gain control over how and when you work by focusing on objectives, not the 9-to-5 workday.
- Wow your managers by treating them like valued clients.
- Beat information overload by prioritizing important emails and messages.
- Make online meetings purposeful, focused and engaging.
- Build great relationships with your colleagues—whether at the next desk, or another city.
- Find a balance between work from home, and life at home.
- Make a remote work plan that lets you get the best from time at the office—and the best of home.
Remote, Inc. takes you inside the mindset and habits of people who flourish while working outside the office some or all of the time: people who function like a “business of one.” That’s how productivity experts Robert C. Pozen and Alexandra Samuel describe the mindset that lets people thrive when they’re working remotely, whether full-time or in combination with time at the office. You can follow their lead by embracing the work habits and independence of a small business owner—while also tapping into the benefits of collegiality and online collaboration.