Fodor's Inside Berlin
Fodor's Travel Guides
One of the world’s coolest cities, Berlin has grabbed the world’s attention with its cutting-edge arts scene. Cosmopolitan and affordable, Berlin will delight foodies, scenesters, and fashionistas. Fodor’s brand new guidebook, Inside Berlin, touches on top tourist sights, including Museum Island, Schloss Charlottenburg, and Brandenburg Gate, and delves deep into the best under-the-radar places that only insiders from Berlin know and go.
The Fodor's Inside series is designed for travelers looking for authentic, hyperlocal experiences. Perfectly sized to fit in your bag or pocket, these guides are designed with an artistic bent and are easy to use, look good, and don't make you feel like a tourist.
Written by Berliners—and with customized neighborhood maps and one-of-a-kind, hand-drawn illustrations by illustrator Kathryn Holeman—Inside Berlin covers the restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and boutiques in the neighborhoods that locals love best.
Fodor’s Inside Berlin includes:
- • OFF-THE-BEATEN-PATH COVERAGE that helps you explore locally loved, up-and-coming neighborhoods that other guidebooks don’t cover well or at all.
- • BEST BET LISTS with our favorites in a variety of categories including: best local foods, best kid-friendly attractions, and most romantic restaurants.
- • INSTAGRAM-WORTHY PHOTO SPOTS tell you how and where to get remarkable photos that you’ll definitely want to share.
- • AT A GLANCE FEATURES on local events, history, locally-made goods, books and movies set in Berlin, and more.
- • MAPS that are easy to read.
- • ITINERARIES that will help you plan your trip.
- • COOL PLACES TO STAY highlighting the most unique lodgings in the city.
- • BEST CITY TOURS from the coolest companies, including gallery walks, culinary tours and wine tastings.
- • GETTING AROUND features in every neighborhood make navigation via public transit or car easy.
- • HAND DRAWN ILLUSTRATIONS by artist Kathryn Holeman.
- • INTERESTING STREET AND PUBLIC ART that is worth discovering.
- • BACK IN THE DAY SPOTLIGHTS of famous spots give the city historical context.
- • COVERS the best neighborhoods in Berlin, including Mitte, Charlottenburg, Kreuzberg, Alt-Treptow, Neukölln, Prenzlauer Berg, Friedrichschain, Schoneberg, Tiergarten, Potsdamer Strasse, and more.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting more of Germany? Check out Fodor’s Essential Germany.